Adding a Check Mark commant to the Menu

  1. #1
    TimlmiT
    Guest

    Adding a Check Mark commant to the Menu

    I have found the following instructions on the MS online help but it is a
    little over my head. I have two questions that I need to ask to get started
    and then I can fumble though the rest. First, I do not understand step !.
    What does it mean to insert a new module? Second, In step 2 where is the
    menu editor command? I don't see it under tools in Excel.

    1. Insert a new module in a workbook.
    2. To add a command called "Database" below the Toolbars command on the View
    menu, choose the Menu Editor command from the Tools menu.

    For more information about using the Menu Editor, see pages 242-244 of the
    "Visual Basic User's Guide."
    3. Select a portion of the worksheet that you want to be the database view
    and give it the assigned name "Database_View." Repeat this procedure for the
    worksheet view, and give that worksheet selection the defined name
    "Worksheet_View."
    4. Switch to the Visual Basic module, and enter the following code:
    Sub DatabaseView()
    With MenuBars(xlWorksheet).Menus("View").MenuItems("Database")
    .Checked = Not .Checked 'toggles check mark on/off
    If .Checked Then
    'Switch to Database View
    Application.Goto "Database_View", True
    Else
    'Switch to Worksheet View
    Application.Goto "Worksheet_View", True
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

    5. Using the Menu Editor, assign the DatabaseView macro to the Database
    command.
    6. Activate the worksheet.
    7. Choose Database from the View menu.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Adding a Check Mark commant to the Menu

    That is for Excel 5/95. What version of Excel are you using. there is no
    menu editor in Excel 97 and later.

    What are you trying to do?

    How to customize menus and menu bars in Excel

    Look about half way down the page for the answer to your question.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    TimlmiT
    Guest

    Re: Adding a Check Mark commant to the Menu

    I want a cell in my Excel file to show a check mark or no chack mark when I
    click on it. As of now, it is using a list to provide those optons but I just
    want to click on the cell once to give me a check or no check. How do I do
    this? I am running Excel 2003 (XP version).

    TIA,
    Tim

  4. #4
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening TimImiT

    You need to use either the Forms toolbar or the Control Toolbox toolbar. Both have a check box option. The Forms toolbar is better for beginners, the Control Toolbox toolbar offers more in terms of degrees of control, but is trickier to get to grips with.

    HTH

    DominicB

  5. #5
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: Adding a Check Mark commant to the Menu

    Tim,

    Let's say that you want your check marks in column "A"
    Set column A font to Webdings

    Put this code in the worksheet module:

    If Target.Column = 1 Then
    If Len(Target) > 0 Then