Extracting value from Combination drop down-edit box

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Mr.Bob
    Guest

    Extracting value from Combination drop down-edit box

    I'm new at this so please be easy on me. I'm using MS Excel 2000

    My problem is I'm tring to extract user information from a Combination drop
    down-edit box from the Userform/dialogsheet and place it on a spredsheet. The
    cell link for the list control works fine but when the user enters data that
    is not in the list I need to extract it. the code I've been using works fine
    for a editbox, but does not work for the Combination box. I'm sure it's just
    a "KeyWord" Issue, but I'm at a lost for it. I was using the "keyword"
    EditBox for extracting the infomation for the edit box what would it be for
    the Combination drop down-edit box?

    Sample Code:

    Sheets("{Sheet Name}").Select
    Range("{Cell Name}").Value = DialogSheets("{dialogsheet
    name}").EditBoxes("{Control Name}").Text

    Thanks..

  2. #2
    drhalter
    Guest

    RE: Extracting value from Combination drop down-edit box

    Bob,

    I don't know much about DialogSheets, but this usually works with my
    UserForms (assumes the form you have is named UserForm1 and the combobox is
    named Combobox1):

    Sheets("{Sheet Name}").Select
    Range("{Cell Name}").Value = UserForm1.Combobox1.Value

    If you are executing the code while the UserForm has the focus, you probably
    don't even need to specify UserForm1
    Dave

  3. #3
    Mr.Bob
    Guest

    RE: Extracting value from Combination drop down-edit box

    That Works fine for userforms environment but not in the DialogSheets
    environment. Thanks anyway.