Combo dropdown open

  1. #1
    mino
    Guest

    Combo dropdown open

    Is possibile load a form with a combo with the menù already open
    without click on downarrow?
    or
    Is possibile to select automatically the first ITEM of a combo?

    Tnx to anyone
    M.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Combo dropdown open

    Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
    Combobox1.ListIndex = 3
    End Sub

    Selects the 4th item in the combobox.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    mino
    Guest

    Re: Combo dropdown open

    It doesn't work (run-time error nr. 91). However this put in right cell
    the 4th item. I don't want this, I want my combo's menu open without
    using F4 or clicking for open list of item.

    Thanks Tom!

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Combo dropdown open

    You said

    >or
    >Is possibile to select automatically the first ITEM of a combo?

    Please make up your mind.

    the code works fine if put in the right place and you refer to an existing
    combobox and the combobox has more than 3 items.

    If the code put the value of the 4th item in the linked cell, then it sounds
    like my code worked fine and some other code you have in your application is
    flawed.

    if you want to drop the dropdown, then use the dropdown method of the
    combobox

    I won't even try to provide an example as you would probably just claim that
    it doesn't work and you can look it up in VBA help the same as anyone else.

    From help on the Dropdown Method:

    Displays the list portion of a ComboBox.

  5. #5
    mino
    Guest

    Re: Combo dropdown open

    Sorry for my english, I meant open the dropdown with the focus on the first
    item or simply open the dropdown when the combo is showed.

    If I use drapdown method it appears automatically but not in the same
    location of the close combo.

    Thanks a lot