My code does not run on another computer

  1. #1
    Pedro
    Guest

    My code does not run on another computer

    I have developed a macro that works perfectly on my computer but only on
    mine. If I try to make it run on somebody else's computer, an error message
    appears related to the "left" and "dir" statements.

    Excel versions are the same, I have also checked add-ins and they have the
    same add-ins running. I think Microsoft Visual Basic References are the same
    although I am not sure of it.

    Thanks,

    Pedro.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: My code does not run on another computer

    Check the VBA References and ensure that none are marked as
    Missing. If there are any missing references, remove them.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: My code does not run on another computer

    Here are some things for which to look:
    1. material in my personal.xls that I forgot to distribute
    2. references to things specific to the directory structure in my computer
    3. reliance to aspects of Excel that I have customized
    They may not resolve your problem, but at least get you started.

    --
    Gary's Student