Advance filter search does not filter an exact match

  1. #1
    Oregon, USA

    Advance filter search does not filter an exact match

    I'm using a advanced filter to of course filter a list. My problem is that if I filter for something like "dogs 1" my results are "dogs 1" but also anything the has "dogs 1" in it, such as "dogs 11", "dogs 10", I just want "dogs 1" only though. This is a probably a simple solution. Any help would be great, thanks

    Here is a sample of the code I'm using!

    ' set the range of the original source data

    datarng = "a101:g" & Format(lastdatarow, "#")

    Range(datarng).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
    CriteriaRange:=Range(CritRng), CopyToRange:=Range("i101:o3000"), unique:=False

    End If

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Advance filter search does not filter an exact match

    In the criteria area, enter: ="=dogs 1"

    or ="="&K2

    where K2 contains: dogs 1

    --