Spell Check

  1. #1
    Hans Emilio
    Guest

    Spell Check

    Hello,

    I am stomped, I have the following code:

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="xx"
    Range("A:A").Select
    Cells.CheckSpelling CustomDictionary:="CUSTOM.DIC", IgnoreUppercase:=False _
    , AlwaysSuggest:=True

    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="xx"
    End Sub

    However, the spell check after so many time using it, it does not correct
    the spelling. Can someone explain to me as to why this happens, or a
    solution for this problem?

    Appreciate any input and help from anyone.

    Thank-you,

    --
    Hans Emilio

  2. #2

    Re: Spell Check

    Just a guess...

    Did the misspelled word get added to the dictionary?

  3. #3
    Hans Emilio
    Guest

    Re: Spell Check

    No, there were several words that were mispelled and were not picked-up by
    the dictionary. I cleared the "add to dictionary" list from Microsoft Word,
    so I don't know what is causing this mishap.

    Thanks,
    --
    Hans Emilio

  4. #4

    Re: Spell Check

    I don't have another guess.

    MSWord remembers which word you told it to ignore, but I've never seen that
    option in Excel.

    I don't have another guess.

    (Just curious, though...what are the words that are ignored?)