ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

  1. #1

    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

    I'm using the ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut to print out sheets that I select (i have three sheets). When i invoke the macro with any combination of selected sheets it deselects the first two sheets and only prints the third.

    Any help with this one would be great. This forum has a-lot to offer, but cant find the specifics.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    RE: ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

    Look up Custom views
    and Report manager.

    I believe in excel 2003, you have to download the report manager

    Excel's printing mechanism is weak, BUT the custom views allow you to define
    multiple print ranges (even with different page orientations and hidden
    columns)

    The report manager lets you combine the views to print out together.

  3. #3
    TomHinkle
    Guest

    RE: ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

    BTW,

    I just read the ENTIRE question.

    I would suggest NOT makein a new sheet for every day. The reason is clear
    why you want it, to creat a history.

    I would append the current days data to one worksheet (**) and add a date
    column. The tabs look pretty BUT when you're trying to go back and validate
    or group say 1 months worth of data, it's going to cause you great pain.

    ** If you're going to have too many rows to append to one worksheet (ie more
    than 65536) make a table in access to append the history too.

    Also, making a new tab for each day will make managing the workbook a
    nightmare in a short amount of time.

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

    Dim mySht As Worksheet
    For Each mySht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
    mySht.PrintOut
    Next mySht

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    "excel-lent" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Thanks to all for your responses.

    Bernie, i'm going with yours for now. I'll post what the results are.

    Thanks again to this forum for all its knowledge.