Automation Error : The Object Invoked Has Disconnected From Its Clients !!

  1. #1

    Automation Error : The Object Invoked Has Disconnected From Its Clients !!

    Folkes, I am trying to solve this problem. Searching this groups seems
    to come up with 2 possible problems. Firstly corrupted sheet
    (investigated this one and am sure that this is not the problem).
    Secondly I am not releasing a reference to something before trying to
    access again.

    I am copy 2 sheets (containing charts and data with links to another
    file) from one workbook to a new workbook, unprotecting each sheet and
    copying /paste special values (to remove the links) and then protecting
    each sheet in a For/Next loop.

    I get the automation error when doing the paste special on the second
    run through.

    Here is my code....
    MyResults(1) = "Tab1"
    MyResults(2) = "Tab2"

    Sheets(MyResults).Select
    Sheets(MyResults(UBound(MyResults))).Activate
    Sheets(MyResults).Copy
    For Each s In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
    s.Activate
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect
    ActiveSheet.Cells.Select
    Range("AX1").Activate
    Selection.Copy
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False
    Range("AX1").Select
    s.Protect
    Next s

    Can anybody explain to me where I am going wrong and how to address the
    problem please. Thanking you all (again) in advance.
    Donna

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Automation Error : The Object Invoked Has Disconnected From Its Clients !!

    i cant reproduce your error,
    did a rewrite anyway

    note i use typed variables.
    note i use worksheets rather than sheets
    note i avoid copy/paste use value=value instead

    i return and ungroup the original sheets
    as per your code:
    i assume the protection is with a blank password ?

    Sub hmm()
    Dim myresults(1 To 2) As String
    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim ws As Worksheet

    myresults(1) = "sheet1"
    myresults(2) = "sheet2"
    Set wb = ActiveWorkbook

    wb.Worksheets(myresults).Copy
    With ws
    .Unprotect
    .UsedRange.Value = .UsedRange.Value
    .Protect
    .Activate
    .Range("AX1").Select
    End With
    Next ws

    wb.Activate
    wb.Worksheets(myresults(UBound(myresults))).Select

    keepITcool

  3. #3

    Re: Automation Error : The Object Invoked Has Disconnected From Its Clients !!

    KeepITCool,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I have used your code to the letter but still I get a run time error
    but a different one this time.
    When it runs through the For/Next for the 2nd time, it errors on the
    ..usedrange.value line with the runtime error of.....

    Method 'Value' of object 'Range' Failed

    ...... any ideas why.

    Donna

  4. #4

    Re: Automation Error : The Object Invoked Has Disconnected From Its Clients !!

    Furthing to my last post....
    It errors out. I press 'End'. But investigating the 2nd sheet it has
    actually done the .UsedRange.Value line as the links are not there and
    you can confirm this as the edit menu links is greyed out.
    Donna