need a formua for wages

  1. #1
    pgc
    Guest

    need a formua for wages

    I have 3 employees, Tracy, Buzz and Damon they work as a team,

    If they all work the same amount of days there wages are as follows
    Tracy gets 47% of the total

    Buzz gets 33% of the total

    And Damon gets 20% of the total

    But what happens in the scenario below

    Name Days total price total day rate total earnings
    worked work for team for team for team

    Tracy 7 =A31500.00 =A3350.00 =A31850.00
    Buzz 5
    Damon 3

    How much would each member earn and i need a formula so i can change
    details in each column

    Your help would be most appreciated

  2. #2
    BAC
    Guest

    RE: need a formua for wages

    You'll need to use a weighted average, first of the days worked. then of the
    days earnings

    Amount Name Share Days Weighted Days Weighted
    1500 Tracy 0.47 7 329.000 890.79
    Buzz 0.33 5 165.000 446.75
    Damon 0.20 3 60.000 162.45
    Totals 1.00 15 554.000 1500.00

    Weighted days = (Days worked by indiv/sum of days worked by all employees) *
    (Individual Share * Amount)
    Assuming table is in a=>F above, for Tracy: (D2/d5) * (B2*A2)

    Weighted = (Weighted days/Sum of Weighted Days)* Amount

    Again, for Tracy: (E2/E5) * A2

    You can change values in A (Amount), Columns B, C & D (Individuals and their
    rates, days). Naturally you will have to come up with appropriate reference
    for the summation cells:

    e.g. F2 = (E2/Sum(E:E))*A2
    BAc

  3. #3
    Paul Cann
    Guest

    RE: need a formua for wages

    Thanks BAC that worked a treat

  4. #4
    BAC
    Guest

    RE: need a formua for wages

    You are welcome..

    Please go back and rate the response by clicking on the Yes button at the
    bottom

  5. #5
    pgc
    Guest

    Re: need a formua for wages

    Dont mean to sound dense but how do i reply to your request

  6. #6
    BAC
    Guest

    Re: need a formua for wages

    Click on the first BAC in the thread..This will open the reply where I
    answered your question.

    At the bottom of the box containing the reply there should be a blue box
    that asks: Was this post helpful to you? Followed by a Yes button and a no
    button..

    Click yes

    You may want to read the "Why should I rate a post screen tip as well (below
    the rating bar)

  7. #7
    pgc
    Guest

    Re: need a formua for wages

    Very sorry BAC but i am viewing messages through Google Group and there
    is no such option if you send me the correct URL i will do as requested