I refuse to be let down by the experts

  1. #1
    BorisS
    Guest

    I refuse to be let down by the experts

    This board has never failed me. Please help make sure this isn't the first
    time. Previously posted...

    I have two occurences of a sales field in a pivot table. One is total sales,
    and the other is percent of total sales (automatically done within field
    settings, not calculated item).

    I am filtering the percent of sales to show only top 100 items (again,
    through field settings, advanced). But I'd like the resulting calculation to
    remain percent of total, not just what's shown. How/can I do this?

    --
    Boris

  2. #2
    Hans Knudsen
    Guest

    Re: I refuse to be let down by the experts

    Not sure what your problem is, but the following works fine for me.
    I assume you have (for example) Salesperson in the row field, and Total Sales and % of Total Sales in column field.
    Activate a cell (salesperson) and choose Sort and Top 10. In the PivotTable Sort and Top 10, right section, tick On (to Top 10
    Autoshow) and in the Show field choose Top 100. Finally in the "Using field" field, choose % of Total Sales.

    Hans Knudsen

  3. #3
    BorisS
    Guest

    Re: I refuse to be let down by the experts

    Hans, thanks so much. I know the part you mentioned. The problem, as you
    asked, is that I want the total that the % is calculated on to be the total
    of ALL the items, not just the ones that will show up in the top X list. Can
    this be done either from that list or some calculated field/item you can
    think of?

    Thx.
    --
    Boris

  4. #4
    Hans Knudsen
    Guest

    Re: I refuse to be let down by the experts

    Boris
    I do not know of any other way than to make that *% of Grandtotal* calculation in the source data (for example to the right of the
    current rightmost column, include that column in the data and lay-out your pivot table accordingly.

    Hans

  5. #5
    BorisS
    Guest

    Re: I refuse to be let down by the experts

    If I am understanding correctly, you are suggesting a column in raw data that
    takes each row, and divides by the total of the whole column of amounts.
    Correct?
    --
    Boris

  6. #6
    Hans Knudsen
    Guest

    Re: I refuse to be let down by the experts

    Yes - that's what I mean.
    Hans