fast range copy (without clipboard and with formatting)

  1. #1
    Max Belugin
    Guest

    fast range copy (without clipboard and with formatting)

    Is it possible to copy ranges with formatting without using clipboard

    Range1.Copy Range2 uses clipboard, so int large loop it does not allow
    comfortable work in other applications

    AFAIK, it extremely slows down copying while running under terminal server
    (because of sopying clipboard contents via network).

    I have googled alot for the right solution, but the only tip i've found
    was using values copy (TargetRange.Value=SourceRange.Value) -- it does not
    fit to my needs because i want copy format too.

    Thank you for your answers!

    --
    http://belugin.info

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: fast range copy (without clipboard and with formatting)

    Have you tried the format painter, the paintbrush icon on the formatting
    toolbar?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max Belugin

    20.06.05 в 13:20 Bob Phillips в своём письме писал(а):

    > Have you tried the format painter, the paintbrush icon on the formatting
    > toolbar?

    Thank you.
    Okay, it copies formatting, but i want also copy values, row heights, etc
    -- so i want the exact copy of source range.

    --
    http://belugin.info

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: fast range copy (without clipboard and with formatting)

    Max,
    Doesn't a normal Copy-Paste achieve this ?

    NickHK

  5. #5
    Max Belugin

    20.06.05 в 14:26 NickHK в своём письме писал(а):

    > Max,
    > Doesn't a normal Copy-Paste achieve this ?

    It does achieve this, but it modifies clipboard -- see the origin of thread

    --
    http://belugin.info

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: fast range copy (without clipboard and with formatting)

    Sorry, I thought you just wanted formatting.

    Only way I can think of is to use to VBA to pick up the values, formats etc,
    and apply same to target, but there are so many properties this would be
    awful.