Unprotect workbook without password

  1. #1
    Maria K Brickl
    Guest

    Unprotect workbook without password

    Is there any way to unpassword protect an excel workbook without knowing the
    password?

  2. #2
    Ninja Stevie
    Guest

    Re: Unprotect workbook without password

    there are various hacks to be found on the internet which can 'crack
    through' this password. As far as I am aware this is the only way to
    break through, but I believe this is illegal.

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Unprotect workbook without password

    Hi Maria,

    Visit JEMcGimpsey's site:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Unprotect workbook without password

    If you own the rights to the workbook (i.e., you developed it or paid
    someone to develop it for you) it's perfectly legal to crack the
    protection.