Accessing Menu Options from VB Code

  1. #1
    Zuhair
    Guest

    Accessing Menu Options from VB Code

    Hi
    I need some help regarding access to the menu options in the Excel from VB
    Code,
    Acutally i want to disable the auto calculation option for the excel object
    I am opening currently i have to set it mannually from the tools -> Options
    , otherwise when i get a Message box asking for recalculation of formulas
    when the code is accessed from the webpage
    I just want to disable this option from my code if it is enable
    Any help in this regard will be very help full

    (Its my first post on this group so if i am posting in wrong are do guide
    me -Thanks)

    Zuhair

  2. #2
    Roman
    Guest

    Re: Accessing Menu Options from VB Code

    Hi Zuhair,
    am not sure if this is what you need:

    Application.calculation = xlManual

  3. #3
    DM Unseen
    Guest

    Re: Accessing Menu Options from VB Code

    DM Unseen

    PS there are other properties/events as well that control calcuation,
    but this is what you asked for.

  4. #4
    Zuhair
    Guest

    Re: Accessing Menu Options from VB Code

    Thanks for the help
    DM Unseen can u refer a link from where i can get information about the
    properties/events of excel
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Accessing Menu Options from VB Code

    Zuhair...

    in excel
    open VBeditor
    press help
    start with making a print of "Excel object Model"
    hang it next to your PC

    for the rest:

    the LOCALS window in the VBE gives you tons of information.
    try following:

    Sub InspectYourVariables()
    Dim app As Application
    Dim wkb As Workbook
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim wnd As Object
    Set app = Application
    Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook
    Set wks = ActiveSheet
    Set rng = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection
    For Each wnd In Application.VBE.Windows
    If wnd.Type = 4 Then wnd.Visible = True
    Exit For
    Next
    Stop
    End Sub

    note:
    excel is easy to learn by trial and error.
    vba is easy AND fun BUT you need to have some basic knowledge.

    Save yourself the frustration of not understanding the basics.
    BUY, READ & STUDY a (decent) book (e.g. walkenbach's Excel Power
    Programming with VBA)

    --
    keepITcool

  6. #6
    DM Unseen
    Guest

    Re: Accessing Menu Options from VB Code

    Zuhair,

    keepITcool mentioned a good book. There are severeal good books on
    Excel programming, If you know VB, pls use the object editor in the VBA
    Excel editor to lookup properties & events

    DM Unseen