Saving excel files as jpeg

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Saving excel files as jpeg

    Hi!

    I need to save the excel sheets as jpeg.
    Is that possible then how do I go about it.

    Please help.
    John

  2. #2
    Michael Bednarek
    Guest

    Re: Saving excel files as jpeg

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:32:07 +0530, "John" <[email protected]>
    wrote in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

    >I need to save the excel sheets as jpeg.
    >Is that possible then how do I go about it.

    Get PDFCreator; prin: Save as type: .jpg - single page only.
    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/>

  3. #3
    John
    Guest

    Re: Saving excel files as jpeg

    Thanks for the response , but I need to do it through code in VBA. Is that
    possible.
    I need a method where in I can transfer the excel information in image
    format.

    John

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Roman
    Guest

    Re: Saving excel files as jpeg

    I=B4ve seen this done before. Without any details I can say it is
    CopyPicture method.
    This put selection into clipboard as a picture and paste it onto
    activesheet:

    Sub makemepic()
    Dim rng As Range
    Set rng =3D Selection
    rng.CopyPicture xlScreen, xlPicture
    activesheet.paste
    End Sub

  5. #5
    Michael Bednarek
    Guest

    Re: Saving excel files as jpeg

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:55:36 +0530, "John" <[email protected]>
    wrote in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

    >Thanks for the response , but I need to do it through code in VBA. Is that
    >possible.
    >I need a method where in I can transfer the excel information in image
    >format.

    You need to investigate how PDFCreator controls its output option -
    hopefully through some registry settings, but it's also possible it does
    it purely through its GUI. In the first case, you can manipulate the
    registry through VBA, in the second case you have to use some kind of
    SendKeys - very problematic.

    Alternatively, there might be some kind of screen grabber which can be
    command-line driven and save the image as a JPG.

    Why do you need to do this in the first place? Portability? Wouldn't PDF
    output be just as portable? Or using the free XLS Viewer?