form in excel to be attached to the emails address in the form upon sumission

  1. #1
    Abdulkader Bhanpurawala via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    form in excel to be attached to the emails address in the form upon sumission

    hi

    I have a form in excel, upon completion of the form, I need user to just
    click on button, which will attached that form as excel to the email address
    (to, cc & bcc) attached to that button. Thanks in advance for letting me know
    what sort of macro can help.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: form in excel to be attached to the emails address in the form upon sumission

    Hi Abdulkader

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Abdulkader Bhanpurawala via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: form in excel to be attached to the emails address in the form upon sumission

    Thanks dear, the website was very useful. I have a form now with three
    different button attached with different macros, so the sender can select
    anyone for submission of form. Now my demand increases, I would like to have
    these button get activated only if they complete the form with the
    information filled in the fields/cell which are mandatory. Thanks for support.

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: form in excel to be attached to the emails address in the form upon sumission

    hi Abdulkader

    You can use this in your code to test if all the cells have a value

    Sub test()
    Dim myrange As Range
    Set myrange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:A6,C10,D12,G1:G3")
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(myrange) < _
    myrange.Cells.Count Then
    MsgBox "fill in all cells"
    Exit Sub
    End If
    MsgBox "Your code"

  5. #5
    Abdulkader Bhanpurawala via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: form in excel to be attached to the emails address in the form upon sumission

    Thanks dear. it is working!

  6. #6

    Abdulkader Bhanpurawala wrote:
    >Thanks dear. it is working!

    hi! I need help again.

    with microsoft outlook, it is working fine. Now, I have few user, who uses
    Lotus notes as email application. The version used by them is 6.5.2. I wrote
    below macro, but not working, can someone help to fix this as well. What I
    need is form with a custome button "submit" & upon cliking it should check
    whether all required field is filled in & send send mail to "To" & "CC" with
    that form as an attachment. Thanks in advance.

    Sub lotus()
    '
    ' lotus Macro
    ' Macro recorded 7/6/2005 by Abdulkader
    '

    ' Dim objNotesSession As Object
    Dim objNotesMailFile As Object
    Dim objNotesDocument As Object
    Dim objNotesField As Object

    'Function SendMail()

    On Error GoTo SendMailError

    EmailSendTo = "[email protected]"
    EmailCCTo = "[email protected]"

    'Establish Connection to Notes
    Set objNotesSession = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")

    'Establish Connection to Mail File
    ' .GETDATABASE("SERVER","FILE")
    Set objNotesMailFile = objNotesSession.GETDATABASE("", "")
    'Open Mail
    objNotesMailFile.OPENMAIL

    'Create New Memo
    Set objNotesDocument = objNotesMailFile.CREATEDOCUMENT

    'Create 'Subject' Field
    Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.APPENDITEMVALUE("Subject",
    EmailSubject)

    'Create 'Send To' Field
    Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.APPENDITEMVALUE("SendTo", EmailSendTo)

    'Create 'Copy To' Field
    Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.APPENDITEMVALUE("CopyTo", EmailCCTo)

    'Create 'Body' of memo
    Set objNotesField = objNotesDocument.CREARERICHTEXTITEM("Body")

    With objNotesField
    .APPENDTEXT "Please find attached herewith the form duly filled in.
    Looking forward toward receiving your quote. Thanks"
    End With

    'Attach the file --1454 indicate a file attachment
    objNotesField = objNotesField.EMBEDOBJECT(1454, "", EmailSubject)
    'objNotesField = objNotesField.EMBEDOBJECT(1454,"",ActiveWorkbook.FullName)

    'Send the e-mail
    objNotesDocument.Send (0)

    'Release storage
    Set objNotesSession = Nothing
    Set objNotesMailFile = Nothing
    Set objNotesDocument = Nothing
    Set objNotesField = Nothing

    'Set return code
    SendMail = True

    'Exit Function

    SendMailError:
    Dim Msg
    Msg = "Error#" & Str(Err.Number) & "was generated by" & Err.Source & Chr(13)
    & Err.Description
    MsgBox Msg, , "Error", Err.HelpFile, Err.HelpContext

    SendMail = False

  7. #7
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: form in excel to be attached to the emails address in the form upon sumission

    Sorry, don't know Lotus

    Maybe you can use CDO for them ?
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm