Limit the Loop to 500 Rows

  1. #1
    SteveF
    Guest

    Limit the Loop to 500 Rows

    I have a macro that runs well down a column but I need to define the
    Do Until
    statement to stop it at row 500 and am stumped on how to do this.
    Please help with this simple request. Thanks
    Steve

  2. #2
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: Limit the Loop to 500 Rows

    If you post the relevant code it would be helpful. But in general:

    Dim c As Range
    Set c = Range("A1")
    Do Until c.Row > 500
    Debug.Print c.Row
    Set c = c.Offset(1)
    Loop

    --

    Vasant

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Limit the Loop to 500 Rows

    Hi

    For i=1 To 500
    varValue=ActiveSheet.Range("A" & i).Value
    Next i

    Arvi Laanemets

  4. #4
    SteveF
    Guest

    Re: Limit the Loop to 500 Rows

    Here is the code - It still goes to the bottom of the sheet and keeps
    trying to run. What have I done wrong. Thanks
    Steve
    Dim c As Range
    Set c = Range("A1")

    Range("C1").Select
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select
    Do Until c.Row > 500
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select
    Loop
    MsgBox ("Finished!")

  5. #5
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Limit the Loop to 500 Rows

    Hi Steve,

    Since you:

    > Set c = Range("A1")

    c.Row has a fixed value of 1 and the loop ending condition:

    > Do Until c.Row > 500

    is never met and , thus, you have a continuos loop.

    Additionally, your code makes selections which are rarely necessary and
    usually inefficient.

    The following may do what you want - if not, post back:

    Sub Tester()
    Dim startCell As Range, endCell As Range
    Dim rcell As Range

    Set startCell = Range("C1")
    Set endCell = startCell.End(xlDown)

    For Each rcell In Range(startCell, endCell)
    If rcell.Row > 500 Then Exit For
    rcell.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
    Next

    End Sub