Help with problems

  1. #1
    Greg
    Guest

    Help with problems

    I have two problem I need help with,

    the first is I use the recorder to complete my macro codes this work very
    well, but I am having problems when i use the paste special function in the
    macro.

    What I am looking to do is every week copy a whole worksheet to another
    worksheet and have it paste only the values not the formulas to help save
    some disc space. But it seems to not be able to do this.

    Can some one help with this?

    Problem number 2 is to do with the above as such. What I am looking to do is
    have a macro create a new worksheet and then rename that sheet with the name
    in cell "d5"

    Thanks in advance

    Greg

  2. #2
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    Re: Help with problems

    Try something similar to this for paste:

    Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

    Use something similar to this for the name:

    MyName = worksheets("MySheet").Range("D7").value

    Sheets.Add

    Activesheet.Name = MyName

    --
    Damon Longworth

    Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
    Sept 16th and 17th
    Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
    www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg
    Guest

    Re: Help with problems

    Thanks for that will try now.

    Greg
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Greg
    Guest

    Re: Help with problems

    Ok part of it works great but I have gone about it the wrong way can anyone
    help me with how to get the active worksheet to be named the value in d7

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Help with problems

    Hi Greg;

    Try:

    ActiveSheet.Name = Range("D7").Value

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help with problems

    Worksheets.Add.Name = Range("D7").Value

    Bob Phillips

  7. #7
    Greg
    Guest

    Re: Help with problems

    Thank you I have been told before but could not remember it for the life of
    me!

    Thanks to all that have helped me

    Greg
    news:e%[email protected]...