Update multiple locations when changing a value on one worksheet

  1. #1
    Monique
    Guest

    Update multiple locations when changing a value on one worksheet

    I have a workbook that contains 40 plus worksheets.

    I have a control sheet with this workbook.

    I want the user to be able to enter the information needed only on the
    Control sheet.

    Once that information is updated, i.e. Checkboxes checked, #s inputted.

    I want those values to automatically update the different worksheets.

    Besides doing '='location'. Is there a way that excel can handle this or do
    I have to hardcode it in Vb.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    William Benson
    Guest

    Re: Update multiple locations when changing a value on one worksheet

    Monique,
    How about just making the cells in the 40 other worksheets dependent on the
    master sheet's cells, like any other dependent formula would do?

    Very easy for formula cells, and even for checkboxes as shown below:

    Checkboxes have a linkedcell property (has to be the same sheet). If you
    change the linkedcell's value it toggles the checkbox and vice versa. On the
    dependent sheets, just have the same cells point to the Linked Cell for each
    checkbox on the Master Sheet... and the dependent sheets' check boxes should
    update accordingly.

    Hope this helps, if not, holler...

    Bill Benson
    http://www.xlcreations.com