Are there "GoTo/Jump" type of formulas to move between worksheets

  1. #1
    LV
    Guest

    Are there "GoTo/Jump" type of formulas to move between worksheets

    I am trying to establish a workbook so that a user may click on "Click Here"
    in a cell, for example, and have the formula take them to another worksheet
    with more details.

    Is anything like this possible?

    All formulas greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Are there "GoTo/Jump" type of formulas to move between worksheets

    Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown moves between sheets.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Are there "GoTo/Jump" type of formulas to move between worksheets

    Look at hyperlinks

    Insert | Hyperlink or press Ctrl-K

    Regards

    Trevor

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Are there "GoTo/Jump" type of formulas to move between worksheets

    Pivot tables allow for drill down. Pivot Tables accumulate (aggregate) data
    into categories, such as geography, time, account, customer... You can expand
    the details of any aggregated amount by double clicking on the number in the
    pivot table which will create a new sheet containing all of the details of
    that number.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Are there "GoTo/Jump" type of formulas to move between worksheets

    If you know the name of the workbook because it is the same as
    the text withing a cell you could use an event macro such as
    double click. And you could use the Back button to return just
    like you had used a hyperlink.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ollowhyperlink
    Event macros are described on page

    There is also the HYPERLINK worksheet function besides the
    hyperlink object that Trevor suggested. Sometimes the worksheet
    function can be incorporated in to your code easily.
    a3: 'sheet3 b3: =HYPERLINK("#" & A3 & "!A1", "[go there]") \
    use the BACK button to return (Alt+ArrowLt -- I use a mouse button)
    see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#hyperlink

    ---
    HTH,

  6. #6
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Are there "GoTo/Jump" type of formulas to move between worksheets

    First sentence should have read as follows:

    If you know the name of the *worksheet* (didn't mean workbook) because
    it is the same as the text within a cell you could use an event macro such as
    double click. [clipped]