Custom function valid in Data Validation/Conditional Format?

  1. #1
    Tetsuya Oguma
    Guest

    Custom function valid in Data Validation/Conditional Format?

    Hi all,

    Well, I discovered a while ago that we CAN use custom function on either
    Data Validation or Conditional Format? I am trying very hard to verify
    myself, but doesn't seem to work either case...

    With Data Validation, I am writing a function that returns Range and then
    show all the cell values in drop-down box, which I cannot make it happen...

    Can someone cast light on this with an example?

    Thanks for your time.
    ---
    Tetsuya

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Custom function valid in Data Validation/Conditional Format?

    Try returning the address of the range and use it inside the indirect
    function.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...