Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Dynamic Range for Data Validation

  1. #1
    Revolvr
    Guest

    Dynamic Range for Data Validation

    Hi all,

    I have a worksheet that uses data validation to allow users to pick from
    lists of values. The lists are on another worksheet and the data validation
    references these lists by named ranges.

    I need to allow people to add or subtract values from these lists and have
    these changes show up in the data validation pull-down menus. I don't want
    to simply reference a very long column range because blank values will show
    in the data validation pull-down.

    I first tried creating a VBA function that adjusts the size of the named
    range any time something is added or removed. But apparently a function
    cannot change a named range. I don't want to use a subroutine that requires
    the user to execute a macro.

    Any options?

    Thanks,

    -- Rev

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Range for Data Validation

    You could use a dynamic range, that would automatically expand to
    include new entries. There are instructions here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List