Insert Date that Macro runs

  1. #1
    jhahes
    Guest

    Insert Date that Macro runs

    Is there anyway that I can have a macro insert a date into a column. I would like to the date and time to show when the macro was run.

    Activecell.offset(0,5).value = (actual date and time of when macro was run)

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Colorado
    MS-Off Ver
    2000,2003,2007
    Use

    Activecell.offset(0,5).value = Now

    HTH

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Insert Date that Macro runs

    Activecell.offset(0,5).value = Format(Now,"dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")

    Bob Phillips

    "bhofsetz" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    lschuh
    Guest

    Re: Insert Date that Macro runs

    Is there any way to replace part of a date within a macro? I want to change
    the month. The syntax is "1/1/2004" I want to have it replaced with
    "2/1/2004" but the only thing I need is to update the month in all occurences
    of "1/xxx/2004" Right now I am manually editing each line to change a
    1/1/2004 to a 2/1/2004.

  5. #5
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: Insert Date that Macro runs

    The general formula in code
    could be something like:

    Dim yr as Integer, mnth as Integer, dy as Integer
    yr = year(ActiveCell)
    mnth = month(ActiveCell)+1
    dy = day(ActiveCell)

    ActiveCell.Offset(0,5)=DateSerial(yr, mnth, dy)

    but if mnth = 13 it must be reset to 1 and yr = yr +1

    --
    steveB

    Remove "AYN" from email to respond
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    lschuh
    Guest

    Re: Insert Date that Macro runs

    Thank you for the code I am going to print it out. It might sound elementary
    but would you place this in the macro you are changing or create a new macro
    that references the macro to change?

    I probably wrote 10 messages here and in MSAccess discussion groups and I
    finally figured out how to replace the month with the replace function. The
    only thing I have to change is the occurences where it changes not only the
    month but the day to. Appreciate the help.

  7. #7
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: Insert Date that Macro runs

    You're very Welcome!

    Put the code where it works best. The choice is always yours...

    And you are finding that there are many ways to get there from here...

    Making a separate module can simplify your code, make the procedure
    available to any other module, and make modifying easier.

    Keep on Exceling...

  8. #8
    lschuh
    Guest

    Re: Insert Date that Macro runs

    I ran that code. Pretty cool. Now I need to figure out what I can use it for.

  9. #9
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: Insert Date that Macro runs

    I just set up a form to scan through a list of dates and change the dates.
    (My dates got screwed up)

    The form checks each cell for the month #, day #, and year #.
    Than I make selections from separate drop-downs for the revised month #, day
    #, and year #
    and replace the date in the cell using the DateSerial formula.

    This allows me to go through a long list and correct all the dates
    (especially since all the dates are previous to 2005 - thus preventing me
    from just entering m/d)

    The code I sent you does something similar. It looks at the date and adds
    one month to it. (It also accounts for going from Dec to Jan by changing
    the year. Than puts the new date into another cell.