refer to a userform in a formula

  1. #1
    TimT
    Guest

    refer to a userform in a formula

    I have a userform that collects information that needs to be referenced later
    on in a procedure.
    How would I reference the value of an option button or listbox, combobox
    etc. in a formula/ if statement?
    Any takers?

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: refer to a userform in a formula

    A procedure is not a formula, so your question is quite confusing.
    The common ways are to have a procedure running while, or started from, the
    userform while it's there, or to have the form write information to a
    worksheet for later use.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "TimT" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    TimT
    Guest

    Re: refer to a userform in a formula

    Sorry about that, my terminology is bad.
    How can I store the results of the userform to cells in the workbook (a
    hidden vlookup sheet). The user is collecting information that will be used
    in formulas and in code.

  4. #4

    Re: refer to a userform in a formula

    Debra Dalgleish has a sample userform at:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

    That has code that writes to a worksheet.

  5. #5
    TimT
    Guest

    Re: refer to a userform in a formula

    Thanks Dave,
    if I wanted to refer to a specific cell that I named would the syntax be
    ws.range ("rangename')
    or
    ws.cells ("rangename")
    or
    ws.cells (a:2)

  6. #6
    TimT
    Guest

    Re: refer to a userform in a formula

    I'm having a tough time with this one. I'm missing something in my syntax

    Private Sub Start_Click()

    Dim ws As Worksheet
    Set ws = Worksheets("vlookup")

    'copy the data to the database
    ws.Cells(1, 3).Value = frm_Data.TaxType.Value

    it's not returning the value into the cell.
    Taxtype is a listbox, is there a property that could be set wrong?

  7. #7

    Re: refer to a userform in a formula

    What kind of listbox is TaxType?

    Does it support selecting multiple options--or can you only select one?

    Your snippet of code looks ok to me.

    Maybe an extra line:

    msgbox frm_data.taxtype.value

    would help show you the problem.

  8. #8

    Re: refer to a userform in a formula

    If the cell had a name:
    ws.range("myName").value = ....

    if you knew the row and column number of the cell:
    ws.cells(row#,col#).value = ....