open some txt files ,find text , copy the text before that to a single cell

  1. #1
    gus
    Guest

    open some txt files ,find text , copy the text before that to a single cell

    I am trying to make a macro that open all the texts files from a specified
    directory one by one.

    Everytime a txt file is opened i want to search for a specified string (for
    ex. PETER)
    and if the string exists then all the text before this string must copied to
    a empty cell at any colunm (for example c1)

    Then the secont text to c2 , c3 e.t.c

    lets see an example.

    The text file text1.txt has the folowing text.

    "sdfgdfg dfgdfgsd fghdfghfgh
    fgfghdfgh gfhfghdfgh fghfdgh

    fghfdgh gfhdfgh fghfgh 54645645 5464546
    gfhdfghfg
    gfhfghj vcbncvbn hfgh rthyrtyertyrty
    greece summertime dfrdfg errtt retyrty fdgsdfg gh
    sdfghfgh dfghdfgh dfghdfgh
    fghdfgh
    fghdf
    fghfhgffghdfhfgh fghfgh dfghdfghdfgh"

    I search the string "greece" .
    Tha macro finds it and then copies all the text before and up to this string
    to the cell a1.

    Then comes the secont txt file , then the third etc.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: open some txt files ,find text , copy the text before that to a single cell

    Is the text in multiple cells? If in multiple cells, is it in multiple
    columns? Do you want to concatenate all the text and put it in a single
    cell? Where is this single cell located?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    gus
    Guest

    Re: open some txt files ,find text , copy the text before that to a single cell

    The text string i am searcing is located in all the text Files
    And is a number that defines what this text file is (for example (law 324)
    , (law 456)
    I am trying to make make an indexer for these txt files
    An indexer that describe that at <txt1.txt> file is the Law 324 , at
    <txt2.file> is the Law456 e.t.c
    Thanks

    news:[email protected]...