Properties transferring from excel cells to word file properties

  1. #1
    lubo
    Guest

    Properties transferring from excel cells to word file properties

    Hallo everybody. I need a littel help.
    suppose you have 2 cells. The first says: "Nicky". The second: "Hayden.doc".
    i have to trasnferr my Cell Value (Nicky) in my Hyden.doc --> file
    properties --> Title property (for example). in my test case Hyden.doc is a
    closed file.
    of course i have got more files, more file types, more properties.
    can anybody help me to solve this problem?
    Thanks very much
    lubo

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Properties transferring from excel cells to word file properties

    Possibly:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=224351
    FILE: DSOFILE.EXE Lets You Read Document Properties w/o Office Installed
    Dsofile.exe Lets You Edit Office Document Properties from Visual Basic and
    ASP (Q224351)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    lubo
    Guest

    Re: Properties transferring from excel cells to word file properti

    I'm not a lucky boy...
    i use microsoft excel 2000 and it seems to me that it doesn't work.
    perhaps i should need excel 2003 or vb.net.
    but i'm not so strong in programming....
    any other idea?
    thank a lot
    lubo

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Properties transferring from excel cells to word file properti

    As I recall, it worked for me back with xl97, so I am not sure why you say
    it doesn't work - it has been around a lot longer than xl2003. Anyway, that
    is about the only way to write the information to a closed file. Otherwise
    you would have to open the file using automation and update the appropriate
    document properties assuming that that is what you are refering to.

  5. #5
    lubo
    Guest

    Re: Properties transferring from excel cells to word file properti

    .... and so i depends from me.
    well, as I told I just trying with vba and i'm not so strong in this area.
    now i am trying with automation, and i am having some problems with
    ActiveDocument.BuiltinDocumentProperties and "server".
    but i think i will be able...

    thanks a lot, Tom
    lubo