Creating Status Report like Microsoft Project

  1. #1
    Baltimore, MD

    Creating Status Report like Microsoft Project

    Hello,

    I am interested in creating a status report for a website that I am working on. I saw an excel spreadsheet that is pretty much exactly what I am trying to do but I don't know how they created it. I want the spreadsheet to have an expandable tree format. For instance, I will list 5 major sections to the website. These sections will be able to expand when you click on the +. Then under them you will see more sections broken down with +, listing all the pages that will be on the site. From that I want to implement a progress dropdown showing the progress of the site from completion, in progree, not posted, etc. This will then relate back to a field back up at the 5 main sections stating the percentage of completion. I can figure out how to do the whole percentatge stuff, but I dont know how to make the sections expandable. Does any one know? Am I being clear with my description?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Gareth
    Guest

    Re: Creating Status Report like Microsoft Project

    Try taking a look at SubTotals under Data on the main menu. This is the
    only native Excel functionality that has this kind of behaviour (without
    going into controls that is).

  3. #3
    Baltimore, MD
    thanks!

    i'll check it out...I think what I might do is just use the outline grouping function. That can fake what Im trying to do and then just do some formulas for percentages and what not.

    Thanks!