Protection problem...

  1. #1
    Chip
    Guest

    Protection problem...

    I have protected worksheets on many occassions. However, I have some
    dropdowns (done via forms) which even when I uncheck the "Locked" box
    in the formatting window, and set the protection levels to allow pretty
    much everything, still does not work. Any time I try to use the
    dropdowns while it is protected it gives me the "This is protected..."
    type of error message.

    Any ideas on how to get around this....I just want to protect the
    workbook but let the user use the dropdowns.

  2. #2

    Re: Protection problem...

    Do you have a linked cell for that dropdown?

    Is that linked cell locked on a worksheet that's protected?

  3. #3
    William Benson
    Guest

    Re: Protection problem...

    Hi Chip, can you clarify your version of Excel?

    You say "done via Forms" do you mean controls from the Forms toolbar, or do
    you mean that the combo boxes are ActiveX objects residing on a UserForm?

    Is it perhaps the DATA CELLS to which the drop down is linked that is
    actually still locked?

    news:[email protected]...