Seting a Constant (via code) when creating a new file based on a template

  1. #1
    Conan Kelly
    Guest

    Seting a Constant (via code) when creating a new file based on a template

    Hello all,

    I have a time sheet template. I have to mail these time sheets in to my
    supervisor on the 15th and the last day of every month. I have code in the
    template (and consequently on all timesheets based on this template) that
    will pop up reminder messages based on the current date in relation to the
    date the time sheets need to be emailed.

    What I would like to know is if there is a way to set a constant, like
    PayPeriodDate, when I create a new file from the template. That way, when I
    email it to my boss, he won't get the reminder messages popping up on him
    when he opens it after the Pay Period Ending Date. I also want to use this
    for some other automated/data entry text boxes that I don't want him to have
    to deal with.

    Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

    Conan Kelly

  2. #2
    Conan Kelly
    Guest

    Re: Seting a Constant (via code) when creating a new file based on a template

    Hello all,

    Sorry for posting the same question twice. I tried posting this from work
    yesterday but our T1 was going up and down, so it failed but was still in my
    Out Box. I went home and posted the question. And then when I got in this
    morning and logged on, it sent the original one.

    I did see Nigel's response. It sounds pretty good and I think I can get it
    to work. But I would like to hear any other ideas if anyone has any.

    Thanks again,

    Conan Kelly

    news:[email protected]...