Hide individual/range cells and temporarily increase scale for printing

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Hide individual/range cells and temporarily increase scale for printing

    Hi all,

    Very new to VB and macros in excel. First what i'm working on. This is a basic macro in an invoice that will print 3 pages - two customer copy and a driver copy.

    i would like to have two different headings at the top printed in a cell - i.e "customer copy" and "Delivery Note".

    Either i can have the two headings written in two cells as headers. One hidden and then printed then hide this and display and print with the other cell heading.

    Or i can have one cell which can have a custom headings printed and just changes after each print.

    I think the second method would be more efficient but i'd also like to know how to hide a cell.

    Remember i'm very much a newb to this sort of thing so please go easy on me...

    Below i include the basics of what i'm using already:

    Sub HideAndPrint()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Columns("B").Hidden = True
    ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=2
    Columns("B").Hidden = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Columns("B").Hidden = True
    ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=1
    Columns("B").Hidden = False
    End Sub

    I've deleted a few lines to keep in shorter but the basic principle is there.

    Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    I also to forgot to mention that when the previous macro is run, hiding the columns obviously makes what is displayed on the page less than the previous version.

    As one copy is for a driver and loader, i'd like to increase the scale of the page so that he/she can more easily read the order.

  3. #3

    Re: Hide individual/range cells and temporarily increase scale forprinting

    You could also do the equivalent of File|page setup|Header/footer tab and change
    the header, print, change the header, and print again...

    But if you want to change cells:

    Sub HideAndPrint()

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    Columns("B").Hidden = True
    range("a1").value = "Customer Copy"
    ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=2

    Columns("B").Hidden = False 'which one here???
    Columns("B").Hidden = True
    range("a1").value = "Driver Copy"
    ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=1

    Columns("B").Hidden = False
    range("a1").value = "" 'or whatever you want.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Thanks Dave - works great.