Remove HTML links in excel

  1. #1
    Carlton Patterson
    Guest

    Remove HTML links in excel

    Hello all,

    Can someone let me know if its possible to remove a whole bunch of html
    links in excel. I have opened a html page with excel which naturally has
    a number of links in it. I can remove links individually by simply right
    clicking on a link and then click on 'remove hyperlink' however it
    appears impossible to remove more than one hyperlink in a range of cells
    at the same time.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers

    Carlton

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Remove HTML links in excel

    Hyperlinks on a worksheet are stored in the Hyperlink Collection. The
    following removes all hyperlinks in a worksheet

    Dim lnk As Long
    With Worksheets("Sheet1")
    For lnk = 1 To .Hyperlinks.Count
    .Hyperlinks.Delete
    Next
    End With

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carlton Patterson
    Guest

    Re: Remove HTML links in excel

    Hi Nigel,

    Thanks for responding.

    Excuse my ignorance, but can you tell me where I need to place the code
    you just sent?

    Cheers mate.

    Carlton

  5. #5
    Carlton Patterson
    Guest

    Re: Remove HTML links in excel

    Hi,

    I keep on the getting the message that the following is invalid outside
    procedure:

    With Worksheets("Sheet1")

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers

    Carlton

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Remove HTML links in excel

    Not tested the code, but it goes in a sub

    Sub RemoveHTML()

  7. #7
    Carlton Patterson
    Guest

    Re: Remove HTML links in excel

    Bob,

    That worked fine.

    Is there any chance you could help me out with the other request I
    posted on this group? It that post I asked whether if someone could show
    me how to program excel to remove blank rows in an spreadsheet.

    Thanks again.

    Carltoln

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips