Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Excel and Shockwave Flash (Active X Object)

  1. #1
    Daniel McCollick
    Guest

    Excel and Shockwave Flash (Active X Object)

    Does anyone know of a tutorial for embeding flash into excel? I am able to
    load the movie and have it displayed in excel, but how do I pull data from
    the worksheet into the embedded flash?
    --
    Dan McCollick

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Hello

    to insert Range("A1") Value in a Flash TextField named "ZoneText1" , you may try

    ShockwaveFlash1.SetVariable "ZoneText1", Range("A1")

    I hope this help you

    http://www.excel-downloads.com/compo...0716111529.zip

    Regards
    Michel

  3. #3
    Daniel McCollick
    Guest

    Re: Excel and Shockwave Flash (Active X Object)

    Yes it does. Thank you.

    How do you handle changing variables that need to be in an "onclip" event in
    actionscript?

    I.e. i am using
    Call ShockwaveFlash1.SetVariable("mybackground.Color", "#808080")

    But when I run this in excel it does not change the MC mybackground. if I
    put the related call in actionscript it kicks out, must fall within onclip
    event error message.

    I am able to use the .setvariable to set text boxes though......

  4. #4
    Daniel McCollick
    Guest

    Re: Excel and Shockwave Flash (Active X Object)

    Nevermind. It would help if I read your attached example. Thank you

    (FYI anyone looking for this answer: it's
    shockwave1.backgroundColor=rgb(xx,xx,xx))
    --
    Dan McCollick

  5. #5
    Daniel McCollick
    Guest

    Re: Excel and Shockwave Flash (Active X Object)

    How would you send a font size change? I know action script has the
    newTextFormat element, but how would you send that Array using the
    setvariable in vba? Or, is there a way to force a text box to not scale it's
    text(font) size?
    --
    Dan McCollick