Advancing to the next cell

  1. #1
    Conan Kelly
    Guest

    Advancing to the next cell

    Hello all,

    Is there a method (like the .SaveAs method) to advance the active cell to
    the next unlocked cell? If so, when the active cell is in the last column
    of unlocked cells for that row, will it advance to the first column of
    unlocked cells for the next row?

    I am hoping that there is a method that can be used. I can figure it out
    using Range() or Cells() and doing a little math. But to use this way would
    take some extra work like some rearanging of my worksheet.

    Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

    Conan Kelly

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Advancing to the next cell

    Conan,

    Use Tools, Protection, Protect sheet, and check "Select unlocked cells"
    only.

    Then use Tools / Options / Edit tab, and change the "Move selection after
    enter" to Right.

    Then when you hit enter, you will move right to the next unlocked cell. If
    there are no unlocked cells to the right, Excel will move down a row and all
    the way to the left.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP