Control save prompts in VB code

  1. #1
    bobcat
    Guest

    Control save prompts in VB code

    How do I control the prompts so end users do not have to answer "enable
    macros" questions and "There is alraeady a file saving it will overwrite it

  2. #2
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: Control save prompts in VB code

    The only ways (that I know) to do this are:

    Use a certificate (self cert)
    or
    Build an add-in with all the code needed and have the user add it
    to there add-ins. These open behind the scene each time Excel is opened.
    or
    Build a workbook with all the code and have the user save it in the XlStart
    folder.
    These also open behind the scene each time Excel is opened.

    Than you can have your "special" workbooks have code to open any file
    without prompts.

    --
    steveB

    Remove "AYN" from email to respond
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Graham Standring
    Guest

    Re: Control save prompts in VB code

    Using the following code should work:

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    If you only want to disable the prompts for one function only, say when
    closing a workbook you can then enable them again afterwards as follows:

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Workbooks("BOOK1.XLS").Close
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    I hope that helps.