How change cntrl toolbx radio button from T/F to numeric output?

  1. #1
    Pat
    Guest

    How change cntrl toolbx radio button from T/F to numeric output?

    I am creating a survey question in excel with 7 radio/option buttons ranging
    from "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree." Only one button can be selected
    and I want each button to return return a unique numeric value (1 to 7) that
    I will link to a cell in another worksheet.
    I can do this easily using the option button in the "forms" toolbar but I
    would like to use the options button located in the "control toolbox"
    toolbar. However, when I try, the only output I get is true or false.
    Please help.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How change cntrl toolbx radio button from T/F to numeric output?

    That is correct. These option buttons work differently. You would need to
    link each to sequential cells (possibly underneath the buttons themselves,
    then use a formula to see which one is true. (you need to give each set of
    7 a common but unique groupname property.

    a formula might be

    =Match(True, Input!F1:F7,0)

    would return a value between 1 and 7 inclusive.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...