Need Assistance With Pivot Table Please

  1. #1
    Glenn E. White
    Guest

    Need Assistance With Pivot Table Please

    I have a pivot table setup as follows:

    Row:
    Category
    Item Name
    Product ID

    Data:
    Unit Sales
    Sales Amount
    Average Unit Sales
    Average Unit Price

    How can I get the percentage of the total category unit sales for each item
    name? Basically the layout would be:

    Category - Item Name - Product ID - Unit Sales - Sales Amount - Avg Unit
    Sales - Avg Unit Price - % of Total Category

    Any assistance or direction that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Need Assistance With Pivot Table Please

    Data Fields:

    Amount
    Field settings:
    Summarize by Sum
    OPTIONS =>
    Show Data as :
    % of column

    --
    keepITcool

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Need Assistance With Pivot Table Please

    There's no option to calculate the percent of a subtotal in a pivot
    table. You could do the calculation outside of the PivotTable.

    Or, create a second pivot table, based on the first one, and use the %
    Of Column calculation to show the category percentages. There's an
    example here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List