Replacing HTML Tags in Excel

  1. #1
    Darlene
    Guest

    Replacing HTML Tags in Excel

    I ran a SQL query through VBA in Excel. Our database is web-based and folks
    use HTML tags in their text (we then send reports through Crystal Reports).
    When this text is inserted into Excel, it keeps the tags. Is there an easy
    way to replace words, for instance, that should be bold that have the bold
    tags using a macro or replace?

  2. #2
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: Replacing HTML Tags in Excel

    Darlene

    You can put the string in the clipboard, then paste special as Unicode text.
    See here

    http://www.*****-blog.com/archives/2...l-in-cells-ii/

    --
    **** Kusleika
    Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Darlene
    Guest

    Re: Replacing HTML Tags in Excel

    ****:

    Below is the results that came back in my query:

    Is there a way I can replace all the tags, in this example for instance, to
    make "John Client" simply be bold, removing the HTML tags? Same thing with
    the paragraph tag? Perhaps a macro?

    I appreciate your time and advice!