Run Access Action Queries from Excel?

  1. #1
    Larry A
    Guest

    Run Access Action Queries from Excel?

    I've done this before, but I can't find any of my old examples for
    reference. I would like to execute an action query in Access from Excel
    using a VBA macro
    1. The Excel spreadsheet has a range defined as a linked table into the
    Access app.
    2. And there are two append queries in Access that will append data from
    the linked range periodically to a physical table in Access.
    2. And, what I would like to so is, from within Excel, without having
    Access up and running, connect to the database, execute the query, and close
    the database as needed.

    What might be a good way to approach? Thanks in advance. Larry.

  2. #2
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Run Access Action Queries from Excel?

    This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
    includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

    Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

    It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

    * create a database,
    * create a table
    * insert records
    * select records,
    * update records,
    * delete records,
    * delete a table,
    * delete a database.

    DAO and ADO files available.

    You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

    The code is open and commented.

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com