Compile Error: Expected End Property

  1. #1
    George J
    Guest

    Compile Error: Expected End Property

    Has anyone any info on this error? I can't find anything.

    My code worked when using XL97, but after our IT dept upgraded to XL2002 I
    get this error. There is way too much code to post, but basically, the
    workbook calls various workbooks to do calculations based on the data it
    holds. This data is made into "value only" format and the vba code removed
    so that it can be sent to clients.

    For some reason the code breaks after removing the other workbooks code and
    brings up one of the "sheet code" screens - even though there is no longer
    any code there.

    Can anyone see why this is happening or why it may have worked in 97 but not
    2002?

    many thanks
    George

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Compile Error: Expected End Property

    George,

    Maybe there is a reference to a library that is no longer available.
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3
    George J
    Guest

    RE: Compile Error: Expected End Property

    I was looking through the library references in the "main" workbook and it
    has "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility" ticked i though
    that it should have 5.3 at the end of that.

    In one of the other workbooks, the MS VBA Extensibility 5.3 is available,
    but not ticked.

    I thought i was activating the reference with
    But the 5.3 part is not activating / changing description - could this be
    the problem?

  4. #4
    galimi

    Feel free to email me the spreadsheet @ [email protected], I'd be happy to
    look @ it in my spare time.
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  5. #5
    George J
    Guest

    RE: Compile Error: Expected End Property

    Thanks for the offer galimi - seem to have it sorted.

    I took out all reference to the "remove code" macro and put it in a "before
    save" event which seems to have done the trick. Seems excel does not like
    you running code after you have removed code - even if it was in another
    workbook. (at least in XL2002)

    thanks again
    George