Intercepting Save and Exit menu command in Excel

  1. #1
    PeteMann
    Guest

    Intercepting Save and Exit menu command in Excel

    Hi,

    I have a programming need to be able to intercept the menus "File/Open",
    "File/Exit", "File/Save" and "File/SaveAs" within Excel. I've managed to do
    this in Word by overwriting the "FileOpen" "FileExit" "FileSave" and
    "FileSaveAs" macros, which then drive a c# com object to stream the data to
    (or from) a seperate server. Is this possible within Excel, and if so, what
    are the Macro names to overwrite?

    Thanks for any help or pointers,

    Pete

  2. #2
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: Intercepting Save and Exit menu command in Excel

    Pete,

    In the ThisWorkBook module you can create event macros
    Workbook_Activate
    Workbook_BeforeClose
    Workbook_BeforeSave
    Workbook_Deactivate
    Workbook_Open

    Play with these and put in your conditions and what you want...

    --
    steveB

    Remove "AYN" from email to respond
    news:[email protected]...