Fill down formulas without activating the sheet

  1. #1
    Mark Stephens
    Guest

    Fill down formulas without activating the sheet

    At the moment I have a bunch of formulas along the top row of a sheet and I
    wish to copy them down a predfined number of rows. At the moment I activate
    the sheet and then select the rows I want to copy down with the row
    containing the formulas at the top and the just use fill down.

    It would be much cooler if I could accomplish this in the background as it
    were without having to select the
    sheet. Is there a way of effectively filling down the formula without having
    to activate the sheet?

    Any help much appreciated, kind regards, Mark

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Fill down formulas without activating the sheet

    You do have to Activate the sheet for a FillDown. However, if you are on a
    different sheet you don't have to see what happens. For example: you are on
    Sheet1 but you want to FillDown the formulas on Sheet2, while displaying
    Sheet1:

    Sub test()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    With Worksheets("sheet2")
    ..Activate
    ..Range("B2:L2").AutoFill Destination:=Range("B2:L29")
    End With
    Worksheets("sheet1").Activate
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mark Stephens
    Guest

    Re: Fill down formulas without activating the sheet

    Thanks for your help, kind regards, Mark

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Fill down formulas without activating the sheet

    You might try this instead:

    Sub test()
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
    With Worksheets("sheet2")