operator statements, shorting when reusing one of the statements?

  1. #1
    KR
    Guest

    operator statements, shorting when reusing one of the statements?

    Maybe I'm just on crack, but I could swear that there was syntax allowed
    where you could replace:

    A = A+1

    With something like:

    A +=1

    I've never used it before, because readability has been a primary focus, but
    now I'm in a situation where I'm using long statements, and readability
    would actually be improved if I can use a shortened syntax. But I've tested
    different options to no avail, and haven't been able to find this anywhere
    in the helpfile or old posts (maybe I don't know the correct search terms to
    use).

    Is a shortened syntax available in Excel? Maybe I'm just remembering
    something from lurking in VB or VB.net ng's...

    Thanks,
    Keith

    --
    The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
    thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: operator statements, shorting when reusing one of the statements?

    That is C syntax and it would be nice if VB had something similar but alas it
    is not to be...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson