Don't display row if cell value is greater than zero

  1. #1
    vmerrill
    Guest

    Don't display row if cell value is greater than zero

    I work for a small laundry equipment distributor. I would like to have a
    sales order that is "automated" on the following basis (or a more elegant
    way):

    To create a sales order, open the blank sales order workbook. Go to the data
    input sheet. This sheet would be a list of all equipment we sell with a row
    dedicated to each equipment item. The first cell of that row would be a blank
    cell that will contain the number of items to be ordered. The second cell of
    that row would be the manufacturer of that item.The third cell of that row
    would be the model number of that item. The fourth cell of that row would be
    a description of the item. If you enter a number in the first cell that
    denotes the number of items to be ordered, then that row will appear in a
    second sheet that is the actual sales order.

    Can any one help me with this please!

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Don't display row if cell value is greater than zero

    Hi V,

    I would suggest that you look at the built-in Advanced Filter feature. The
    Advance Filter can be used to extract and copy rows with a populated
    quantity value to another sheet. In this instance, it is necessary to invoke
    the Advanced Filter from the destination sheet.

    If you are not familiar with all aspects of Advanced Filter, see Debra
    Dalgleish's tutorial, replete with helpful screen shots. at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    vmerrill
    Guest

    Re: Don't display row if cell value is greater than zero

    What I would like to do is to have this automated so that anyone could create
    a sales order that has basic excel skills. I would like this to be seamless
    so that you just enter the number of items being purchased and the row would
    automatically appear on the other sheet. I would like the data input sheet to
    be arraigned for easy lookup with products grouped by type with appropriate
    sub types. One sub type would be, for example, dryers. Another sub type would
    be washers, etc. In this way, someone with basic excel skills could open the
    data input sheet, for example, could easily scroll to the right sub heading
    of dryers and then locate the row of dryers that is a stainless faced 75
    pound capacity dryer with automatic fire suppression, if that is what is
    being ordered.

    Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Don't display row if cell value is greater than zero

    Hi V,

    Create a demo order. Select the destination sheet. Turn on the macro
    recorder and run the Advanced Filter. Return to the first sheet, add a
    button from the Forms Toolbar. Edit the recorded code to generalise it and
    assign the procedure to the button. Label the button, say, "Produce Order".

    Now all the user has to do is enter all order quantities and the hit the
    button.

    If you experience problems adapting the recorded code, post back.

    ---