[Help Needed] Custom Lookup Function

  1. #1

    [Help Needed] Custom Lookup Function

    Hello

    I'm writing a custom lookup function to deal with certain requirement. This is my use case.

    I've an Excel Workbook with multiple sheets. First Sheet is the "Master Data". In one of the other sheets I've a value which I want to look up in "Master Data" sheet and get the row number. Simple.

    I've written this function

    But for some reason my function always returns , meaning it didn't find the value in the "Master Data" sheet. I'm pretty sure it is there.

    Same Function when converted to SUB and with hard coded lookup value returns correctly.

    Please help me out... what am I missing???

  2. #2

    Re: [Help Needed] Custom Lookup Function

    When you do a find (either manually or via code), excel remembers the last
    settings (part vs whole, matchcase, all that stuff).

    You might have better luck if you specify all the settings you want in your
    ..find statement.