Refresh spreadsheet from database through ODBC

  1. #1
    Souris
    Guest

    Refresh spreadsheet from database through ODBC

    I put a spreadsheet on our web server.
    The spreadsheet refresh the data while opening.
    The data source from MS Access and the Access application execute a stroed
    procedure from SQL server through ODBC.

    It refreshes the data if user's machine has ODBC DSN to connect my database.

    Is it required to have ODBC DSN on user's machine to refresh spreadsheet
    from SQL server database?

    Any information is great appreciated,

  2. #2
    xydata
    Guest

    Re: Refresh spreadsheet from database through ODBC

    You don't need the DSN if you build what you need in the connection
    string. Here's an example using ODBC to another Excel file.

    With Selection.QueryTable
    .Connection =
    ("ODBC;DBQ=C:\Blah;DefaultDir=C:\Blah;Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver
    (*.xls)};Extensions=xls;")
    .Sql = ("SELECT blah blah blah" & _
    "FROM `C:\Blah\Blah`.`Sheet1$` `Sheet1$`")
    .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
    End With

    Try recording adding a query and it should build your connection
    string.

    Good luck

    tlxl