Outlook Automation Error Problem - Can't locate Outlook Module

  1. #1
    Allan P. London
    Guest

    Outlook Automation Error Problem - Can't locate Outlook Module

    I have MSOffice Professional 2003 installed on my laptop, and on another
    desktop machine. The code below activates Outlook on my desktop machine,
    but fails on my lap top and results in a "Automation Error - The specified
    module can not be found". Both have identical versions of Excel and Outlook
    installed and are running XP SP2.

    I assumed that there is something wrong with the Outlook entries in my
    registry, so I did a repair. Still had the problem, so I reinstalled
    MSOffice on the laptop but my code still can't find outlook! Outlook by
    itself seems to run on the laptop with no problem.

    I looked at the registry and the entries looked the same for Outlook and
    Word but, frankly the registry is Greek to me.

    Has anyone had this same problem where VBA can not find the Outlook module?
    I really suspect that the Outlook program is not properly registered in the
    registry on my laptop machine, but I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

    Thanks for your help.

    Allan P. London, CPA

    _______________________________________________________________________________-

    Sub CheckForVersion()
    MsgBox UpdateApplied
    End Sub

    Function UpdateApplied()
    'Simple 'Late Binding' Example
    'Using Early Binding code with Outlook 11.0 Object Library referenced
    results in same error

    Dim ol As Object
    Dim iBuild As Integer

    Set ol = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") '<---- Results in
    'Automation Error - The specified module can not be found'
    iBuild = Int(Right(ol.Version, 4))

    ' NOTE: The version number format changed between Outlook 98 and 2000
    If iBuild >= 4201 Then
    UpdateApplied = True
    Else
    UpdateApplied = False
    End If
    Set ol = Nothing

    End Function

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Outlook Automation Error Problem - Can't locate Outlook Module

    Hi allan

    Check out this page (maybe number 2)
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

    --