Restore a deleted Excel Workbook?

  1. #1
    Ashby
    Guest

    Restore a deleted Excel Workbook?

    by accident, a workbook has been deleted from my C Drive and also cleared
    from the Recycle bin.

    Is there any way to restore this from the "guts" of the computer?

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Restore a deleted Excel Workbook?

    Your only chance may be a professional data recovery company, assuming the
    area on the hard drive hasn't been overwritten. You won't know that till
    they try, by which time you will have run up a bill!

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Restore a deleted Excel Workbook?

    Lots of options if you look on google...
    Depends on how much it's worth to get it back. If it took more than a
    couple of hours then you should spring for some software (assuming it
    works...)

    Tim

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Restore a deleted Excel Workbook?

    Don't expect to consistently be able to recover a deleted file.
    I don't know what additional consequences you have by first moving to
    Recycle Bin and then deleting because I don't know if files are renamed there.

    For NTFS files try here and proceed to the utility's site.
    FreeUndelete v1.0
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...5,tk,lg,00.asp

    For other files
    PC INSPECTOR File Recovery
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

    Some links to others
    Disk Utilities - backup, recovery, status (#refUtil)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm#refUtil

    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Restore a deleted Excel Workbook?

    Ashby,
    I know FileScavenger works well:
    http://www.quetek.com

    The demo version can retrieve files if they are less than 64K(?) in size.
    Otherwise you need to pay, US$40 or so. Worth it.

    NickHK