How to generate ms word doc files from excel sheet.

  1. #1
    shishi
    Guest

    How to generate ms word doc files from excel sheet.

    Hi all,

    I have worked on an excel project recently with a lot of help form
    this board. The goal was to assort couple of tables from one sheet to
    another to make things easier for comparison. Now I have a new task. I
    need to generate couple of ms-word documents from this excel sheet. The
    plan right now is to have a menuitem like "Generate docs" in excelsheet
    and by clicking on that we can generate about 40 word documents or so.
    We have a word template file. For each word document we need to have
    the folowing things
    1. Module name as the heading
    2. Description of the module
    3. Table of data
    All these information are in the excel sheet. They are stored in excel
    sheet using named ranges. Now, I need to gather these data and generate
    the word docs. What would be the best approach to solve this problem. I
    deally we would like to do this with out even opening the word
    application. I am requesting your valued suggestions on this problem.

    Thanks in advance,
    shishi

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How to generate ms word doc files from excel sheet.

    You might get the automation help file and start from there:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167223
    OFF97: Microsoft Office 97 Automation Help File Available (Q167223)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260410
    OFF2000: Microsoft Office 2000 Automation Help File Available (Q260410)

    ACC95: OLE Automation Help File Available in Download Center (Q148124)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...