Using function keys in macros

  1. #1

    Question Using function keys in macros

    Is there a way to let the function keys control a macro? For example, I want to write a program that will run a macro whenever you press F1. How would I do that?

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Using function keys in macros

    See the OnKey method in help. E.g., to assign a macro to F1, use

    Application.OnKey "{F1}", "MacroName"

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Tha BeatMaker"
    <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    What am I doing wrong?

    I have created a userform, label and macro named UserForm1, lblPress, and Functest respectively. Here is my code.

    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Application.OnKey "{F10}", "functest"
    Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
    Application.OnKey "{F10}"
    Sub functest()
    Const conMsg As String = "You have pressed F10"

    lblPress.Caption = conMsg