AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on other

  1. #1
    dtg_denver
    Guest

    AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on other

    I'm trying to Custom Autofilter on a sheet by pulling the criteria from a
    drop down list on another sheet. Here is how I have been trying to do it.

    fi_mgr_num = Sheets("reports").Range("I6")
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=" & fi_mgr_num, Operator:=xlAnd

    I don't have a clue if this is close, but I saw some of these ideas here on
    the forum and have been trying various interations to make it work.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on other

    Hi DTG,

    > fi_mgr_num = Sheets("reports").Range("I6")
    > Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=" & fi_mgr_num,
    > Operator:=xlAnd

    This worked for me, provided that a cell in the autofilter range was
    pre-selected.

    If the first autofilter column only had a single criterion, you could
    dispense with:

    , Operator:=xlAnd

    Did you try it and, if so, what problems did you experience?

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    dtg_denver
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on o

    I'm not real sure what you are asking.

    The range I'm trying to filter is on worksheet, "New", column "fi_mgr".

    Do I need to have the macro select a cell on the "new" sheet in the "fi_mgr"
    column?

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on o

    Hi DTG,

    > Do I need to have the macro select a cell on the "new" sheet in the
    > "fi_mgr"

    No. Delections are rarely necessary an are usually to be avoided.

    My comment related to tour code line:

    >> > Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=" & fi_mgr_num,

    With this syntax, an autofilter cell selection wouls be required.

    The following does not requre any selection:

    Sub Tester01()
    Dim WB As Workbook
    Dim RngFilter As Range
    Dim fi_mgr_num As String

    Set WB = ActiveWorkbook '<<==== CHANGE to suit
    Set RngFilter = Sheets("New").AutoFilter.Range

    fi_mgr_num = _
    Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A1").Value '<<==== CHANGE to suit

    RngFilter.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=fi_mgr_num

    End Sub

    ---

  5. #5
    dtg_denver
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on o

    Norman,

    This worked great. Thanks a million

    Regards,
    Mark

  6. #6
    dtg_denver
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on o

    I have two sheets I need to run this filter on. I thought once I had the
    first sheet I could just repeat the process, but that doesn't seem to work.
    The code works fine on the first sheet but not on the second. And it's not
    throsing any errors.

    Dim WB As Workbook
    Dim RangeFilter As Range
    Dim fi_mgr_num As String

    Set WB = ThisWorkbook
    Set RngFilter = Sheets("New").AutoFilter.Range

    fi_mgr_num = Sheets("Reports").Range("K6").Value
    RngFilter.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=fi_mgr_num

    Set WB = ThisWorkbook
    Set RngFilter = Sheets("Used").AutoFilter.Range

    fi_mgr_num = Sheets("Reports").Range("K12").Value

  7. #7
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on o

    Hi DTG,

    The following worked for me:

    '======================>>
    Public Sub Tester04()

    Dim WB As Workbook
    Dim RngFilter As Range
    Dim RngFilter2 As Range
    Dim fi_mgr_num As String
    Dim fi_mgr_num2 As String

    Set WB = ThisWorkbook

    Set RngFilter = WB.Sheets("New").AutoFilter.Range
    fi_mgr_num = Sheets("Reports").Range("K6").Value
    RngFilter.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=fi_mgr_num

    Set RngFilter2 = WB.Sheets("Used").AutoFilter.Range
    fi_mgr_num2 = Sheets("Reports").Range("K12").Value
    RngFilter2.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=fi_mgr_num2

    End Sub
    '<<'======================

    ---

  8. #8
    dtg_denver
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on o

    I thought it might work something like that but since I don't really know
    what I'm doing, I'm a little skitsh about getting to far ahead of my skills.

    I'll give it a try.

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    dtg_denver
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter Pull Criteria from one sheet and custom filter on o

    Works Great !!! Now I only have to repeat the code for two more columns.

    Thanks.