How do I use a macro to save to a specific drive in Excel?

  1. #1
    Meredith
    Guest

    How do I use a macro to save to a specific drive in Excel?

    I wrote a macro in excel to facilitate creating monthly reports. I want it
    to save to a new folder each month (ie. the current monthly folder), but I am
    not sure how to write a changing "save as" formula.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How do I use a macro to save to a specific drive in Excel?

    Something along the lines of :

    Thisworkbook.SaveAs "C:\RootFolder\" & Format(Date,"yyyymmm") &
    "\Basename.xls"

    might give you some ideas.
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: How do I use a macro to save to a specific drive in Excel?

    hi,
    formulas return values. they cannot perform actions such save as.
    add this to your macro at an appropriate place.

    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

    regards
    FSt1